Thursday, January 03, 2008

Interesting problem


I own a Sharp LC-19DV12U LCD Television with a built in DVD player. This little TV is wall mounted in my home gym and I use it and really like the picture on it. It's a great little TV. I purchased it from Costco along with the wall mount kit. Well tonight, I was trying to change the DVD and it will not eject the DVD.

I went out to SharpUSA.com and down loaded the manual because the one that came with it was not handy. Searched the PDF but no luck in finding the magical button combination that would just eject the DVD.

So I fired off a support e-mail at around 7:30pm this evening. Let's see how this goes and what type of response I get.

UPDATE:  I received a response from support at 11:34am this morning.  They say to unplug the TV for 5 minutes and then plug it back in.  If that doesn't work then I must call Sharp and arrange a service visit.

UPDATE:  Well Holy smokes, it worked.

1 comment:

Jim said...

So it takes 5 mins. to clear memory and get your TV to cold boot, seems a bit long but hey it worked so I guess that's what counts.