Thursday, July 12, 2007

Caymas Update

Well, it's back up and running. Got the power supply and installed it.

Had a strange problem where it would just hang on the boot up. So I took it over to the bench and hooked a monitor and keyboard to the box.


After looking at the boot sequence noticed that when the power supply died it upset the CMOS. So I pressed the F1 key to continue and all was good.


After it came back up, I decided to make an image of the drive. That way if it dies again I can get another hard drive and bring it back from the dead once more. So I downloaded Ghost 4 Linux and made an image.

So this box goes back into the cluster tonight and all is right with the world for now.

On another note, I'm just started a demo of the F5 FirePass box. I have had experience with the Juniper boxes and took a look at the Gartner report. Seems like FirePass has all the bells and whistles. I'm also reviewing the SSL VPN option with the Cisco ASA devices.

I will post more as I learn more.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Was wondering since Caymas is all gone now, did you get a chance to work it around Vista? I know the latest update of theirs would have the vista support.