Thursday, December 28, 2006

This just end....something changed and the world did not explode

Just read this post over about parents learning to SMS message their kids.

OMG! Parents Use Txting to Chat With Kids

My friends and I used to get into debates about growing old. I used to get really scared by the idea that one day, I would just not want to learn anything else. I guess I know several people who have given up on learning anything new. That, really bothers me. As I said, I used to get scared about that. Then one of my friends looked me in the eyes and said "Dude, the fact that it bothers you means it won't happen."

I think people get freaked out by new things because our life moves at a pace, that we actually see evolution. Not evolution in the sense that we grow gills, but we evolve. That's what really separates us from the rest of the animal world. The fact that when we first saw a computer, we didn't take a crap in it or try to wear it like a hat. We looked at it and it sparked something in use that made us think of the possibilities.

No comments: