Friday, December 15, 2006

Offline MS patching

While reading the logs on ISC they mentioned this article on DIY Service Packs. Now, I really like the concept of being able to pull down Microsoft patches and burning them to a DVD. The reason is FAMILY SUPPORT. I get calls all the time from family about the PC running slow or some other opaque problem.

So, I downloaded the DIY scripts and gave it a try. the file I downloaded was call ctupdate302.zip. I unzipped it into it's own directory. I started the DownloadStarterGUI which looks something like this



Since I don't use Windows XP german, I selected Windows XP and I select "for all platforms (DVD) under the "Create ISO image(s) section.

Once you click the start here is what you get....


Well, this should be running for a while. I will update the blog with the next steps once it's finished.

No comments: