Wednesday, August 09, 2006

446 Million Watching TV on Their Cell Phones By 2011

From the "Take it or leave it" network: IMS Research forecasts that by the end of 2011, nearly half a billion people will be watching TV on their cellular handsets. Driven primarily by the adoption of broadcast-based services such as DVB-H, mobile digital TV will experience 50% year-on-year growth through 2010.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow is all I can say here. I mean, crappy programming on crapping little screens with crappy sound. I can understand the iPod deal. But TV on your cell phone? Let me also ask this. If watching TV on your cell phone is such a good idea, then why hasn't anyone really gotten the Dick Tracy wrist watch video phone thing working? You get me a wrist watch video phone that works, works longer than ten minutes and doesn't give me wrist cancer then I will think about downloading the lastest edition of "Flava of Love" to watch on my cell phone.

read more | digg story

No comments: