Thursday, July 06, 2006

Microsoft to Support OpenDocument!

Just found this article this morning while searching digg.com. I have used Open Office for about 3 years now. Actually before they where purchased by Sun. I have used it on my FreeBSD laptop and now I have a version of it that I carry around on my Jump Drive, it's called Portable Office. I've watched it mature and I have to say that I really like it.

" In a surprise move, Microsoft is bending to pressure from governments and will sponsor an open source project to build tools that enable conversion between its Open XML formats in Office 2007 and OpenDocument. The forthcoming Office suite will also support an add-in for saving directly to ODF."

So this is very cool for the project and just goes to show you that the big guys can't fall asleep at the wheel for very long.

read more digg story

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://google-index.info/2964.html and http://google-machine.info/1615.html