Thursday, July 20, 2006

Couple of interesting articles this morning and my 2 cents...

The first one is the recent release of a version of the Opera web browser that will run off a USB drive. It's call Opera-USB and let me tell you that is a sweet setup.

In the past I've talked about using Open Office and I know have the Open Office on a USB drive and a nice web browser also running off a USB drive. With the price of USB jump drives dropping I'm "eye balling" those 2 Gig drives and to tell you the truth, 2 gigs is a lot of space to have at your finger tips. With the latest developments in the U3 and other types of technology, these setups are hard to beat.

If you don't know, U3 is a technology that allows you to run software from your USB drives in a "virtual" environment. This is great because you don't write temp files or leave bits of data on a host machine that may get you in trouble later.

The second thing I want to bring to your attention this morning is an interesting and very true article from The Age. The article is titled Email becomes the new snail mail and it really nails what and where instant info is going. I have a BlackBerry and to tell you the truth I use the IM features when I really need answers to questions. As a matter of fact, I probably use IM a little more than e-mail during the day. The advent of IM and those other types of "instant" communications has really changed the way my team works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»