Wednesday, July 19, 2006

BBC runs story that Digital Home still 10 years away....I say....

No Sh*t. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5187382.stm

Here is my take. I work in the IT business and have worked there for over 10 years. We still can't get our act together and play nicely on protocols for stuff that where proposed over 20 years ago.

Now we expect everyone in the consumer market to adhere to a standard? Has anyone watch Blue-Ray vs HD-DVD? This is the VHS vs Betamax battle all over again. I think the home PC will become the engine that drives the system. I think that what we may see is a central server in the home with large amount of storage space. Display Monitors that have built in network connectivity (wifi possibly) that access that content off that server. Why....because I said so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»