Thursday, May 26, 2005

Who wants to steal movies on the Internet? I don't...

I saw a story today over on wired http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,67645,00.html?tw=rss.TEK about the U.S. shutting down a torrent search site in the Netherlands. This comes after the MPAA slammed bittorrent creator for the stealing of last installment of the Star Wars series.

I don't know if any of you have ever looked at a movie stolen from the Internet. I have (it was a friend, I swear). They suck. The quality sucks, viewing it on a computer monitor sucks and trying to figure out what crazy ass codec someone used is a pain in the ass (that's what my friend told me, I swear).

Here is the irony of the whole Star Wars return othe the Bittorrent thing. This movie is going to break an all time record for money earned. Also, everyone needs to realize that bittorrent is a protocol and not an application. It's not like Napster, eMule, etc. This would be like trying to outlaw smtp (email).

No comments: