Monday, September 06, 2004

Seeing technology for what it can be

I went to Denny's this morning, we are off work so it was like Sunday again. When we walked into Denny there was a group of about 8 hearing impaired people. Now my 19 month old was really interested in how they where using their hands to talk. It was the first time she has ever seen someone sign before. But what was really cool was the conversation they where having. From what I could gather they where talking about their text messaging devices. Out of the 8 in the group at least 5 had either Black Berries or Side Kicks and they where busy showing each other the features of the devices. The average age of the group was about 65.

It dawned on me that what I sometimes consider a device of torture, others see as a magic carpet.

No comments: